Western Europe Travel
The Sights, the Sounds, the Beer!
The birthplace of Mozart and the Von Trapp family, Austria has a rich and varied musical history. Vienna’s Opera House is the grandest in the world, and in summer the streets burst with music festivals. Over-the-top baroque architecture, decadent desserts and robust beer make this a fascinating country to tour.
- Graz, Austria’s Forgotten City
- Hot and Cold News from Austria
- Vienna – an Imperial European City
Famous for its beer and the fountain of the little boy relieving himself (dubbed Manneken Pis), Belgium belies its serious reputation. Unseen dressers regularly put clothes on Brussels’ most well-known landmark, and a group of aged nuns absconded with the funds from Bruges’ normally placid and picturesque convent. Bursting with art, architecture, divine food and history, Belgium is worth exploring.
- An Exciting Year for Brussels
The French countryside is alive with sights and smells – purple fields of lavender, miles of vineyards heavy with the world’s most coveted grapes and high-cliffed shores damp with sea mist. Contrasting the tranquil landscapes, Paris vibrates with high-energy urban life. Fine dining, world-class museums and renowned landmarks are enough to make anyone fall in love with The City of Lights.
- A Slice of French Country Life in Loire Valley
- A Slice of the Best of France
- Barging in France – the Romance of Canal Tourism
- Bicycling the Best of France
- Breton Culture Alive and Well in Brittany
- Chateau du Clos Luce – A French Gem
- Europe’s Playground of the Rich and Famous
- France’s Hidden Roman Gem
- French Camp For Big Kids
- Medieval Chateau Modern Accommodations
- Midsummer’s Night in Paris
- On Site Skiing in Tignes & Vald’isere, France
- One Night in Paris – Seeing the Highlights in Two Days
- Pack a Picnic in Paris
- Paris Underground – Exploring complexities of Parisian Sewers and Catacombs
- Puy de Sancy – Extinct but Not Forgotten
- Rail Europe – Great Way to Enjoy France
- Sark – Bike to the Future
- The Beauty of Barging
- The Belleville Market
- The Grandeur of an Ordinary Day – in Paris
- Travel Southern France – Exploring Prehistoric Cave Paintings
With the Black Forest and Bavarian castles that inspired Walt Disney, parts of Germany seem straight from a fairy tale. The picturesque Mosel Valley and winding rivers sharply contrast the industrial cities in the North. No matter where you go in Germany, expect dark bread and savory meats, washed down with a stein of golden beer.
- Accidental Discoveries – A Total Change of Pace in Gotha
- Accidental Discoveries – An East Germany Treasure
- Bayreuth – The Wagnerite’s Valhalla
- Berlin – a Phoenix Rising
- Fairytales in the Heart of Bavaria
- Germany’s Mosel Valley – More Than A River Cruise
- Germany’s Mosel Valley – Romantic Rival
- Heidelberg – A Favorite German City
- Lubeck, Germany – Rome of the North
- The Waterways of Hamburg
Only the landscape is flat in the Netherlands. From the vibrant colors of Van Gogh and brilliant blue Delft pottery to the meandering canals and rivers of Heineken, there’s plenty to do and see. Bicyclists, art lovers and cheese connoisseurs will find every inch of this tiny country has something to offer beyond the cliché of windmills, tulips and dams.
- Barging and Biking in Holland
- Going Dutch
- In the Footsteps of Vermeer
- Palace and Paintings in the Netherlands
“Pretty as a postcard” doesn’t begin to describe Switzerland. Pristine lakes resting at the foot of snowcapped mountains, charming chalets sitting amidst a field of wildflowers and blue skies dotted with clouds are not just for tourists. Not only is Switzerland clean and efficiently run, it lives up to its promotional photos. With all the hiking trails and outdoor activities, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to work off any milk chocolate you happen to sample along the way.
- Interlaken, Switzerland
- Ski Europe: Insights on St. Moritz, Switzerland
- Ski Europe: Skiing in Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Ski Europe: Skiing Swiss Alps in Zermatt, Saas-Fee, & Crans-Montana, Switzerland
- Ski Europe: Sweet Summer Skiing Trips in European Mountain Resorts
- Ski the Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
- Swiss Riviera – Sun Soaked Piazzas & Warm Lakes
- Switzerland – A Country of Diversity
- Treasures around the Swabian Sea